Sexual Health & Safety
If you are sexually active, you are exposing your body not only to each partner, but also to all the previous partners of that person. Increasing numbers of sexual partners dramatically increases your risk for contracting a sexually transmitted infection. Condoms can help.
- There are more than 25 sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that nearly 20 million new STIs occur every year in this country, half of those among young people aged 15–24.
- Several infections can occur without symptoms such as genital herpes, close to 90% of people don’t know they have the infection.
For more information on how to reduce STI risk, visit the Otterbein Student Health CenterDự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa at 614-823-1345.
Sexual Consent & Misconduct
What is consent?
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaConsent is informed, freely and actively given, mutually understandable words or action, which indicate a willingness to engage in mutually agreed upon sexual activity. Consent cannot be obtained by use of physical force, compelling threats, intimidating behavior or coercion. An incapacitated person cannot give consent. (This includes incapacitation by alcohol and/or other drugs.)
What is Sexual Misconduct?
Sexual misconduct is a form of sex and gender-based discrimination. It includes: un-consensual sexual contact, sexual violence, sexual harassment, stalking, dating violence, sexual exploitation, indecent exposure, and pregnancy discrimination. Contact of a sexual nature without consent is sexual misconduct.
Reporting & Confidentiality
Confidential Resources on campus include the following:
- The Counseling Center, 614-823-1333, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Student Health Center, 614-823-1345, email@example.com
- Otterbein Police Department, 614-823-1222, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women’s Gender & Sexuality Resource Center, 614-823-1028, email@example.com
Off-Campus Confidential Resources
- SARNCO – Sexual Assault Response Network of Central Ohio, 614-267-7020
- BRAVO – Buckeye Region Anti-Violence Organization, 866-862-7286
How do i make a complaint
Advocates & Resources
Peer Advocates & Peer Resources.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaSafe, anonymous, confidential, knowledgeable support. For survivors of sexual violence. Students with questions about gender, sexuality, sex, relationships, or psychological distress.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa614-823-1028.
SafeZone & Team Consent.
Educating the campus community about consent, sexual communication, and gender and sexual diversity.
Free Sex Supplies.
Condoms and dental dams.
Welcoming, comfortable meeting space for affiliated groups and our own events. Located at 25 W. Home.