Resources & Opportunities
The Office of Social Justice & Activism is here to help you find your way around the Otterbein community, and the central Ohio community. Here are some resources that may help you during your time at Otterbein.
- 18 gender neutral restrooms across campus
- Year-round activities and speakers of diverse backgrounds
- Gender neutral housing
- Open Space in Garst Hall: Started in 2015, Open Space is for students of all genders and sexualities interested in living in a safe, supportive environment. As this community continues to develop, students will have the opportunity to develop annual traditions and participate in both hall and campus activities.
- Tau Delta: the university’s first official gender-neutral sorority
Academic & Student Organizations
- FreeZone! Student organization- support, education, and networking opportunities for the LGBTQIA+ community
- Iota Iota Iota (Tri-Iota) Honor Society: encourages and supports scholarship and excellence in Women’s, Gender, and Sexuality Studies
- kate: student run feminist magazine
- Lavender Graduation: special commencement celebration to affirm the achievements of LGBTQIA+ graduates and their allies
Alliance for Black Student Leadership
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaThe Alliance for Black Student Leadership brings students from from Otterbein, Capital, Ohio Wesleyan, Kenyon, Mount Vernon Nazarene, Ohio Dominican, Wittenberg and Denison universities together to develop, strengthen and foster student leadership among African American students.
Otterbein offers many general scholarships that you can view on the Student Financial Services Website. They also offer the following award to students of color.
Ammons Thomas Scholarship: $1,000 – $5,000. Offered to multicultural students who demonstrate strong scholarship and leadership. Consideration for this award is based on review of the student’s entire application. Stacks upon base merit award. Students receiving the Ammons Thomas award are not eligible for the International Baccalaureate Scholarship. 2.75 GPA.. Apply to Otterbein now!
The Equity & Inclusion Matters Newsletter is an update about diversity news, projects, and upcoming events. This newsletter releases once a semester and can be accessed via the Equity and Inclusion page.
The Otterbein LGBTQIA+ Scholarship for an incoming students is a $1,000 renewable scholarship offered to 1 new first year student every year.
This guide provides a comprehensive list of scholarships for LGBTQIA+ students planning for their graduate education. The guide is broken down by subject, and includes pertinent information for applying for scholarships, and even tips for applying and securing financial aid.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaIn addition, provides community resources and tools related to higher education with an eye on affordability and accreditation.