Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaKappa Lambda Chapter is a chartered member of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International. Kappa Lambda chartered in 1988 is the 249th chapter.
Six student nurses founded The Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta TauDự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa in 1922 at the Indiana University Training School for Nurses, now the Indiana University School of Nursing, in Indianapolis, Ind., USA. The name comes from the Greek words Storgé, Tharsos and Timé meaning “love,” “courage,” and “honor.” There are over 400 chapters in more than 90 countries, making the Society the second largest nursing organization in the world.
The vision of the Honor Society of Nursing, Sigma Theta Tau International is to be the global organization of choice for nursing.
- Recognize superior achievement.
- Recognize the development of leadership qualities.
- Foster high professional standards.
- Encourage creative work.
- Strengthen commitment to the ideals and purposes of the profession.
- Provide support, including funding. to other organizations exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Assist and engage in any other activities which are permitted to be carried on by organizations exempt from federal income taxation under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaMembership in the chapter is by invitation to baccalaureate and graduate nursing students who demonstrate excellence in scholarship and to nurse leaders exhibiting exceptional achievements in nursing. The requirements for student candidates are superior academic achievement, academic integrity, and professional leadership potential.
Baccalaureate students have to complete ”at least one-half of the required nursing curriculum” and “rank not lower than the highest 35 percent of their class in scholarship.”
Graduate students who have completed at least 1/4 of the nursing curriculum and achieved academic excellence (at least a 3.5 grade point average) may be inducted as new members. A graduate student may also be considered for membership under the Nurse Leader criteria. The candidate must be a registered nurse, legally recognized to practice; have a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent in any field; is eligible at any point in the program; and can demonstrate achievement in nursing in the area of administration, education, global health, practice, publication, research, or another area. Send letter of recommendation to the counselor of Kappa Lambda Chapter (International bylaws).
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaThe chapter serves its members through a variety of programs, activities, and services.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaKappa Lambda Chapter offers scholarships to undergraduate and graduate students with preference given to chapter members. Contact the Department of Nursing for application information.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaAdditional information about Sigma Theta Tau International and resources available to all students and its members are available at the .
- “Student Central” for career advice, free online courses, networking, nursing products, and more.
- The Virginia Henderson Global Nursing e-Repository is free to preserve, organize, and share approved student work of capstones, theses, and undergraduate papers. For students and faculty, visit and select the “Get Started” tab.