Explore Your Academic & Career Potential
At Otterbein, we can help you discover your interests, set goals for your future, and explore majors and career options. Career planning will ensure that the decision you make and the actions you take as a college student will put you on the right path – a path that will lead you to a lifetime of career achievements and personal fulfillment.
Career Development Plan (PDF)
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaWe believe that starting with an analysis of your unique passions, talents, values and experiences, is the best way to begin the process of self assessment.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaAsk yourself:
- What am I passionate about?
- What do I do best?
- What’s important to me?
- What kinds of experiences have I had that have helped me develop my professional skills?
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaUse , an online, self-paced career and education planning tool, to assess your values, skills and interests and explore career fields and major areas of study that are compatible with your assessment results. Focus 2 also lets you compare occupations you may be considering so that you can make a more informed occupational choice.
Use the following steps to register for Focus 2:
- to go to Focus 2
- Click the link to create a new account
- Our access code is ‘otter’
- Create a username and password of your choosing
- We encourage you to meet with one of our staff members to discuss your Focus 2 results and to develop an individualized action plan to move forward.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa…Many students come to college with questions about which major to choose or which career path to take. If you are one of those students, you’re not alone. We can answer your questions and help you explore your options.
Exploring Your Options
- Study the academic catalog to learn about the courses and requirements of different majors.
- Choose courses that will allow you to explore fields of interest.
- Make an appointment with us and we can help you assess your natural abilities, interests, and work values in order to discover compatible majors and careers.
- Discuss your interests with your advisor and contact faculty in the departments you are considering for more information.
- Talk to upper class students about their majors.
- Research career options utilizing books, periodicals, and professional associations.
- Talk to people in career fields you are considering; ask us for contacts.
- Gain practical experience by interning, shadowing, and volunteering.
- Explore sites such as , , and for specific occupational information.
- Check out to explore employers by major.
- Find your path with this guide, courtesy of UNC-Wilmington.
An informational interview is a focused meeting/conversation with a networking contact designed to help you choose or refine your career path by giving you the ‘insider’ point of view. To learn more, click here.