We are a one-stop shop for business on campus; including student billing and payments, accounts payable and receivable, and much more.
Division of Business Affairs
The Business Office is responsible for accounting, financial reporting, and tax and other regulatory compliance matters and includes the following functions:
Student Account & Departmental Receivables
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa We handle the receivables of student tuition payments and departmental deposits. Our office assists with student account billing questions, account refunds, and the loading of funds to student Cardinal Cards for books, meals & vending.
We direct the timely and accurate payment of invoices for goods and services, and related duties.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa We supervise the University’s financial and tax reporting, and oversee the general ledger, the monthly close process, travel and other expense reimbursements, cashiering function, endowment accounting, and accounting policies and procedures
What is a 1098-T?
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa IRS Form 1098-T is a reporting tool in statement form issued to students and to the IRS during January of each year. It is to be used by federal tax filers to determine eligibility for tax credits.
What are these credits?
The credits are explained in IRS Publication 970, ““. For information on filing for the credits, please see: IRS Form 8863, ““. Instructions for completing this form are included.
I received a 1098-T from Otterbein; does that mean I am eligible for the credit?
Not necessarily. Receipt of a 1098-T does not mean that you are eligible for the credit. There are many restrictions associated with the tax credits. You should review IRS forms, instructions and publications for guidance and consult your tax advisor.
I did not receive a 1098-T; why not?
Certain students do not receive 1098-T forms. In accordance with IRS regulations, Otterbein has elected not to issue you a 1098-T if your scholarships and grants equal or exceed your tuition and related charges, if you are a non-resident alien, or if you are not enrolled for credit during the reporting period.
Where was my 1098-T sent?
Your 1098-T form was sent to your permanent address.
Where can I view my 1098T online?
To find your 1098T, use this link: .
Begin typing school name in field (Double Click on Otterbein University)
Enter Students First and Last Name, Social Security Number, and Zip Code
Checkmark “I am not a robot”, Continue
Select 1098-T Statement; Status: Delivered “+”
Select “View / Print Statement” to the far right of year in which you wish to print
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa Right Click – Print (You must turn off your pop-up blocker to view and print the tax form.)
Where can I find more information from the IRS about 1098T’s?
If you have further questions pertaining to your 1098T, email BusinessOffice@Otterbein.edu.
Credit Card Convenience Fee
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaAlthough the cost associated with credit card processing grows each year, Otterbein wants to continue to offer the option of paying by credit card. However, the University cannot continue to absorb these costs.
Therefore, Otterbein has contracted with TouchNet PayPath, a third-party company, to provide credit card processing services for student accounts. Through this new service, a 2.85% convenience fee (minimum $3.00 charge) Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòawill be charged to cover the credit card transaction costs assessed by credit card companies. We are working hard to contain our expenses in order to keep the cost of attending Otterbein affordable for everyone.
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaTo allow students and families an opportunity to prepare for the change, the credit card convenience fee will begin January 15, 2016. Please note that the convenience fee only applies to student account payments made via credit or debit card. Additional services, such as the bookstore, coffee shop, and Marketplace, are not included.
Below are our list of Frequently Asked Questions for more information. You may also contact Business Services at 614-823-1151.
Why is Otterbein charging a fee for the use of my credit card?
Due to increasing costs to process credit card transactions, Otterbein has contracted with a third-party company, Touchnet PayPath, to provide credit card processing services for student accounts. By contracting with PayPath, Otterbein can receive the full amount of the payment without being charged for the processing fees. The fee is charged by the third-party processor, not Otterbein.
Why is the convenience fee 2.85%? How was this percentage established?
The third-party credit card processor, Touchnet PayPath, established the 2.85% rate to cover the credit card transaction fees assessed by credit card companies.
Is Otterbein unique in charging a convenience fee?
No, most Ohio colleges and universities charge a similar fee.
Is there any way I can avoid paying a convenience fee?
You can avoid paying the 2.85% convenience fee by paying online with an e-check through your checking or savings account. This payment can be made over the Internet through the Otterbein ePay system. To avoid the convenience fee, choose the “electronic check” option.
You also can avoid the convenience fee by delivering a check to the Accounts Receivable office, located at 25 W. Home Street, or by mailing a check to the address below. Always include your campus ID number on the check.
Thank you for your feedback as we work to improve communication with students and their families.
attn.: Accounts Receivable
1 S. Grove Street
Westerville, OH 43081
Can I make a credit card payment online?
Yes. Students can pay via credit card online through the Otterbein ePay system. However, the 2.85% credit card convenience fee (minimum $3.00 charge) Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòawill be applied.
Can someone else make a credit card payment over the Internet on my tuition account?
Yes. Another user may make an online payment on behalf of the student, but only if the student has set the individual up as an authorized user via the Otterbein ePay system.
Can I make a credit card payment over the phone?
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa No. Credit card payments cannot be made over the phone or through the mail. This security measure ensures the confidentiality of your payment information.
May I pay in person using a credit card?
Credit card payments may be made at a kiosk in the Accounts Receivable office, located in the Business Services building at 25 W. Home Street. This kiosk will access the Otterbein ePay system. Note that the convenience fee will still be applied to any payments made by credit card.
I often receive checks from my credit card company. Can I use the routing number and account number of these checks to make an electronic check (e-check) payment?
No. Credit card companies will not honor checks used electronically. The payment will be returned as “account not found.” You may use these checks through the mail or in person only. Mail payments to the address below. Always include your campus ID number on the check.
attn.: Accounts Receivable
1 S. Grove Street
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa Westerville, OH 43081
If I make a credit card payment in error, will my convenience fee be refunded?
No. The convenience fee is not refundable, even if the payment to which it relates is canceled, refunded, credited or charged back.
If I use my debit card to pay my student account charges, will I be charged the convenience fee?
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa Yes. If you use your debit card to pay your student account charges, you will be charged the 2.85% convenience fee. For checking or savings account debits, please use the e-check option to avoid paying the convenience fee.
Will the convenience fee that I am charged be included on my semester eBill?
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa No. The convenience fee is assessed by a third-party company, Touchnet PayPath, in addition to the payment. The convenience fee will not appear on your student account or on your eBill statement.
How will the convenience fee charge appear on my credit card statement?
Two separate transactions will be listed on your credit card statement: one transaction for the student account payment, and one transaction for the convenience fee.
Fee Schedule & Payment
- AY21-22 Tuition and Fees & 2021-22 Course Fees (PDF)
- AY20-21 Tuition and Fees & 2020-21 Course Fees (PDF)
- AY19-20 Tuition and Fees & 2019-20 Course Fees (PDF)
- AY18-19 Tuition and Fees & 2018-19 Course Fees (PDF)
- AY17-18 Tuition and Fees & 2017-18 Course Fees (PDF)
- AY16-17 Tuition and Fees & 2016-17 Course Fees (PDF)
- AY15-16 Tuition and Fees & 2015-16 Course Fees (PDF)
- 2014-15 Fee Schedule (PDF)
Fees and charges are payable prior to the first day of each term (See Academic Calendar for payment due dates). Students can make payments via cash, check, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or Discover) from the online payment system ePayDự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòa. Parents who wish to be able to pay their student’s tuition online should have their student set them up as an authorized user on the ePay system.
At the time a student formally registers for classes, either by signing and submitting the appropriate registration forms to the Registrar’s Office, or by registering online, the student agrees to:
- Assume financial responsibility for any charges and/or fees as posted to his/her student account.
- Abide by the official college policies regarding withdrawal from the University.
- Assume the responsibility for understanding the University’s official policy concerning schedule changes and satisfactory academic progress which may result in additional charges or the loss of eligibility for certain types of financial aid. It is considered the student’s responsibility to understand how these changes can affect his/her financial situation with regard to financial aid eligibility.
Please note the following policies regarding late payments and delinquent accounts:
- All accounts not paid in full by the due date for each term are subject to a late payment fee of $35 in addition to monthly interest at a rate of 1.5% per month. Loan funds or any other sources of financial aid not received by the first day of each term are subject to late charges and interest. Therefore, all loans should be applied for prior to July 1 to help ensure timely receipt.
- All accounts must be paid in full in order for students to enroll in succeeding terms or to receive copies of certificates, diplomas, and transcripts.
- Otterbein reserves the right to recover all fees involved with the collection and/or litigation of delinquent accounts.
- If an account must be sent to collection or litigation due to nonpayment of the outstanding balance, the University reserves the right to demand payment in full of subsequent terms of enrollment, prior to the beginning of each term to ensure enrollment.
- Otterbein University is a non-profit institution of higher learning. As such, student receivable accounts are considered to be educational loans offered for the sole purpose of financing an education and are not dischargeable in bankruptcy proceedings.
- The University reserves the right to cancel the registration of any student if his/her current term charges remain unpaid by the term’s due date, or if a balance due from a previous term remains unpaid at the start of a subsequent term.
- The University reserves the right to demand payment in the forms of a certified check, money order, cash, or credit cards in the event that one or more checks have been returned unpaid for any reason.
We understand that meeting the expense of a college education is one of the larger investments made by most families. See Payment Options Dự đoán xổ số Khánh Hòafor information on our payment plans.
Welcome to Business Affairs
Susan most recently served as Vice President for Finance and Administration at Saint Mary’s College in Notre Dame, Indiana from 2013 – 2018. She is a senior-level executive with extensive finance, administration, and investment management experience as well as a strong background in higher education business services. Susan comes to Otterbein with a B.A. in Business Administration as an accounting major from Michigan State University and an MBA from the University of Hartford with a concentration in finance.– Susan Bolt, Chief Financial Officer and Vice President for Business Affairs
Dự đoán xổ số Khánh HòaThe Division of Business Affairs includes three offices: Business Services, Controller, and Facilities Management & Planning.